Monday, December 7, 2015

Learning and bonding


By: Luis A. Vélez Pretelt


Hello everyone! I wanted to tell you a little but about some of my experience during the “ASEAN Studies: Globalization, Governance and Security in Southeast Asia” Program which I participated in during the summer.


My main interest in the Program was to learn about the policies that took place in Southeast Asia for its modernization in such a short period of time, resulting, in most cases, in greater development outcomes. Coming from Latin America, my intention was to get a better picture of the type of interventions that can be applied to my own region of interest in hopes of getting same positive outcomes.



This is how everything started, our first day of class. Look how happy we look!



There’s no doubt that this program is a great opportunity to learn about the political, economical, and social development of Malaysia and Indonesia. I just waned to tell you that besides getting the opportunity to listen to local academics, government officials, policy makers, business leaders and NGO activists from both Malaysia and Indonesia, this program also gave me the opportunity to meet and both with incredible people.


These are some of the pictures that show you some of the things we did together.


No comments:

Post a Comment